After suffering with scoliosis since the age of 14 and having a physically demanding job as a camera assistant, my spine and pelvis suffered greatly.
I turned to Pilates after the birth of my children and quickly felt and saw the benefits it gave me.
Shortly after, I took the plunge and enrolled with The Body Control Pilates Matwork programme. I was lucky to be mentored by some of the best Pilates teachers in the business and have since qualified as a Level 3 Matwork Pilates Teacher.
In my classes I like to help each person understand their individual strength and limitations, as well as focus on the importance of the eight principles of Pilates.
I continue to train and develop my Pilates knowledge and qualifications through workshops, research and courses.
I have completed the following courses and workshops:
- Body Control Pilates Level 3 Basic Matwork
- Matwork Evolution
- Psoas, Clever Guy of the Pelvis
- Level 2 Emergency First Aid at Work with St Johns Ambulance
- Pilates with the Band
- Precision of Movement
- Standing Pilates
- Small Ball and Toning Circle
- Pelvic Floor in Pilates
- Intermediate Matwork
- Pilates for Golfers
- Pilates for Runners
- Pilates for Performance
- Pilates for Children Foundation
- Pilates for Children 5-11 years
- Pilates for Children Adolescent 12-16 Years
- Pilates for Breast Cancer
- Pilates on the Big Ball
I am a member of the Body Control Pilates Association and Academy and The Society for the Pilates Method